Friday, October 16, 2015

Food Friday

Two Photos I Really Like


The theme of my Photo-A-Day project this year is "Notice the Ordinary", which was inspired by a quote from Charles and Ray Eames. I had in the back of my mind that it should not include any food photography as that was the premise I used for last year. But, that idea went out the window in a hurry. Then this week I came up with two photos that I think I really nailed and feel compelled to post on this blog.

Vegetarian Noodle Bowl

Vegetarian Noodle Bowl

Vegetarian Noodle Bowl: photo by Cliff Hutson


This is one of those times I am probably feeling too pleased with myself. No recipe was used, I just took what I had on hand and tossed it together in proportions that seemed right to me. It is a real fusion, too. The soba noodles are presumably Japanese, but these were made in China. The soy sauce is a Japanese brand, but the plant is in Wisconsin. And, zucchini and string beans are not very Asian. But, that is OK as I sautéed them instead of doing a stir fry.

Santa Barbara Salad

Santa Barbara Salad

Santa Barbara Salad: photo by Cliff Hutson


There is nothing too imaginative about this; a mixture of Escarole, Endive, and Radicchio lettuce with tomato and Feta cheese. But, I like the lighting and the depth of field. It was very tasty, as well. 


No comments: