Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Favorites

Tivoli Audio Model One Radio


Tivoli Audio Model One Radio
Tivoli Audio Model One Radio: photo by Cliff Hutson

One of the first things I did after I started to make some real money as a teenager in the 60s was to buy a decent stereo sound system. The basis of which was a pair of KLH speakers. The K in KLH Audio was for Henry Kloss. While noted for his loudspeakers, he also gave us the Tivoli Audio Model One radio.

The Model One, based on the KLH Model Eight from 1960, was introduced about 2000. I have had mine since 2002. While I can not say that it has seen daily use, it has been close to it. The sound is full and rich. The tuner brings in most stations with little trouble. This radio is decidedly one of the best purchases I have ever made. Remodelista sums up its list entry with, "discreet design, big sound." That says it all.

No comments: