Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Field Notes

Field Notes Reprint


I have been a user of Field Notes brand notebooks for about a year. This began with a desire to purchase the Two Rivers quarterly edition,  which was contributing support to the Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum.

"Two Rives": photo by Cliff Hutson
"Two Rivers": photo by Cliff Hutson
This led to my becoming a yearly subscriber to the quarterly editions, and even though I do not consider myself to be a collector, most of these seem too nice to use. So, for daily carry I purchase the classic Kraft Memo Books in the grid pattern. And, pocket one with ruled lines when actually working in the field.

Field Work: photo by Cliff Hutson
Field Work: photo by Cliff Hutson

Clearly, I think these notebooks are a damn fine product. But, the impetus for this post was a bonus shipment containing a 2-pack featuring Commemorative Reprints of “Butcher Orange” and “Butcher Extra Blue,” with my name printed on the belly band! (See photo at top.) That seems like one heck of a commitment on their part. This has had, what I assume to be the desired effect. I can probably now be classified as a loyal customer.


No comments: