Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Good Reason and the Real Reason

A Real Reason



A quote I have been using quite a bit of late is: “A man buys something for two reasons: a good reason and the real reason.”

This hit close to home recently as was trying to organize some of my image files and realized that sometimes I buy a bottle of beer or wine just because I want to photograph the label.

That is the case with these first two photographs. The ale has been here for about three weeks and I have yet to try it. I did drink the "California Girl", which  is a pretty decent white wine.


Renegade Blonde Ale: photo by Cliff Hutson
Renegade Blonde Ale: photo by Cliff Hutson

California Girl: photo by Cliff Hutson
California Girl: photo by Cliff Hutson

Another reason for the California Girl selection is that the image reminds me of a girl I dated when I was an undergrad. (I wonder if she has aged as much as I have.)


A Good Reason


The next two photographs were taken after I bought the wines for a good reason. They came highly recommend by someone whose taste I trust; and I am truly into Zinfandel. 

Old Vine Zinfandel: photo by Cliff Hutson
Old Vine Zinfandel: photo by Cliff Hutson

Grower's Reserve Zinfandel: photo by Cliff Hutson
Grower's Reserve Zinfandel: photo by Cliff Hutson

These photographs are due to my following  Garry Winogrand's statement; “I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed."  Thus my work becomes sort of a diary. 



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: