Wednesday, October 16, 2019

GLOBAL CAT DAY & More Seafood

Global Cat Day


Cat Crossing: photo by Cliff Hutson
Cat Crossing: photo by Cliff Hutson

October 16 is Global Cat Day which recognizes the need to adopt and foster cats. There have been two official Hutson family cats - the late great Pumpkin (זצ״ל) and Mini, the patch cat. Both were rescues.

Pumpkin and Mini: photo by Cliff Hutson
Pumpkin and Mini: photo by Cliff Hutson


My neighbor does not actually adopt feral cats, but she practices Trap-Neuter-Return which benefits both the individual cat and the environment.


Wall Cat: photo by Cliff Hutson
Wall Cat: photo by Cliff Hutson

Global Cat Day is also known as Feral Cat Day. Either way, it is a good day to reflect on how to help our furry neighbors. 

Neighborhood Cat: photo by Cliff Hutson
Neighborhood Cat: photo by Cliff Hutson

Seafood


Lobster Tacos: photo by Cliff Hutson
Lobster Tacos: photo by Cliff Hutson


My daughter and I met for dinner, this past Monday, at La Grande Orange Cafe in Pasadena, which led to a very fortunate National Seafood Month encounter. 

One of that night's specials was Lobster Tacos. Our server highly recommended this entree, but we were a bit leery - imagining some chopped up "lobster" in a taco shell. However, we both ordered it and were blown away by the dish. 

I guess that one could call it a deconstructed taco as what was placed before us was an actual lobster tail, with marvelous tortillas on the side. (Sadly, in my excitement, I neglected to include a tortilla in this photo.) Thus we I had to build my own tacos and enjoy one of the best meals that I ever had. 

No comments: