Monday, August 17, 2020

Il Tricolore

Gnocchi-Broccoli-Pomodoro


A New Dish: photo by Cliff Hutson


I think that it takes only a little stretch of the imagination, or would that be a willing suspension of disbelief, to see that the colors of the Italian flag, il Tricolore, reflected in this meal I recently "created".  This makes me chuckle as the dish is centered around gnocchi a potato based dumpling which originated from Italy.

A New Dish


It is something that I had never made before and was done on a whim when I decided that the Trader Joe's Outside-In Stuffed Gnocchi I was fixing needed some augmentation if I was going to have a complete meal. My first thought was broccoli, i.e., a vegetable, or green. There were also tomatoes on hand, which were not getting any younger, so in they went as well.

I really enjoy cooking, even if it’s been mostly to feed just myself for the past twelve years.  Much of the fun depends on putting together what I have in my pantry, freezer  or fridge.  This time it turned out more than OK.  It kind of reminds me of the first few weeks of Quarantine Quitchen






.

No comments: