Monday, February 8, 2021

Road to Perdition?

The Jeep commercial that ran yesterday during the Super Bowl was not nearly as good as the one that ran last year on Groundhog Day.  Some might say that it was awful. At the least, it was very disappointing in its tone deafness as to how many of us feel about the state of affairs in the USA these days.

But, it got me to thinking about roads and road songs.


Road to Nowhere


Road to Nowhere: photo by Cliff Hutson
 Road to Nowhere: photo by Cliff Hutson

"The wreckage of my past keeps haunting me
It just won't leave me alone
I still find it all a mystery
Could it be a dream?
The road to nowhere leads to me"

 - Song by Ozzy Osbourne


Road to Paradise


Road to Paradise: Photo by Cliff Hutson
Road to Paradise: Photo by Cliff Hutson

"I'm feelin' okay this mornin'

And you know

We're on a road to paradise

Here we go, here we go"

- Song by Talking Heads

No comments: