Monday, August 30, 2021

Diète méditerranéenne / Journée nationale de la plage

Mediterranean Diet


Salade méditerranéenne: photo by Cliff Hutson
Salade méditerranéenne: photo by Cliff Hutson
Avocat, laitue beurre, houmous, le flétan pané, huile d'olive et vinaigre


“Mediterranean diet” is a generic term based on the traditional eating habits in the countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea. There’s not one standard Mediterranean diet. The mainstays of my mediterranean diet are pizza and red wine.  Sometimes, I do better.


Mushroom Pizza: photo by Cliff Hutson
Mushroom Pizza: photo by Cliff Hutson



Red Wine: photo by Cliff Hutson
Red Wine: photo by Cliff Hutson


National Beach Day



Beach Day: photo by Cliff Hutson
Beach Day: photo by Cliff Hutson


August 30th is National Beach Day. It was created to celebrate the beach, and to encourage the cleaning up of beaches worldwide.

It has been a long time since I have seen the ocean, so I don't have an actual beach photo. But, I once came  across this napkin that expresses the way I feel about the beach.

While most people associate beaches with the sea, as I just did. But, they can be part of the shore of a river or lake.  It took me awhile to get used to this when I was in northern California.  In any event, get out and enjoy one if you can.

No comments: