Monday, May 8, 2023

No Socks Day

Set the Feet Free


No Socks: photo by Cliff Hutson
No Socks: photo by Cliff Hutson


According to the inter-web, Ruth and Thomas Roy created No Socks Day to set the feet free and bring them into contact with the earth for one day.  Presumably, it is observed worldwide on May 8 of every year. But, this is the first that I have heard of it.


Only One Day?






I do not dislike socks, but I do avoid wearing them unless I leave the house. And, not always even then - I can not recall ever wearing them with sandals. (I consider "slides", worn before and after donning one's cleats for a game,  as falling into a category of their own.) As seen above, some people may have an even stronger opinion about the subject.


Save the Date


By the way,  National Go Barefoot Day is coming up on June 1st. 




No comments: