Monday, April 20, 2015

Blackwing Slate

New Notebook

Blackwing Slate
Blackwing Slate: photo by Cliff Hutson

I really did not need another notebook at this time. There are already a few in my stash waiting to be used. But, they tossed in two extra pencils, a Blackwing and a Blackwing Pearl, into the deal so how could I refuse that offer?

Three Palomino Pencils
Three Palomino Pencils: photo by Cliff Hutson


The Palomino Blackwing Pearl is said to be softer than the Palomino Blackwing 602 (which comes bundled with the notebook), but firmer than the in the Palomino Blackwing. I guess that the Pearl should be the one that Goldilocks would prefer. Now that I have all three, I should probably do some sort of a side-by-side comparison. But, I am not sure if I have enough discrimination to do a bang up job of that.

Places One Might Find a Blackwing 602
Inside Cover: photo by Cliff Hutson
The back page of the journal is kind of interesting. It caused me to hunt down my 30th anniversary edition Jaws DVD. Sure enough, there is what looks like a Blackwing 602 clutched in the jaws of Matt Hooper (see #16) in the scene on the dock where he identifies the first shark.

My plan is to use the Slate to take over from the "What Did I Eat Today?, A Food Lover's Journal" which was such a disappointment. The Slate may not be "guided", but I am certain that it is going to serve me a whole lot better as a journal.

No comments: