Wednesday, October 4, 2017

My 15 Minutes?

Evening Primrose: photo by Cliff Hutson
Evening Primrose: photo by Cliff Hutson


"In the future, everyone will be world-famous 
for 15 minutes", Andy Warhol

There is little doubt in my mind that I will ever be world famous. It is also said that “A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and in his own house."  However, two recent publications use images of mine. So, my name might gain the attention of a few people from time to time.

Rainbow Bridge National Monument Brochure


Detail - NPS Brochure: photo by Cliff Hutson
Detail - NPS Brochure: photo by Cliff Hutson

The National Park Service is using my photograph of an Evening Primrose in a brochure for the Rainbow Bridge National Monument.


Gilia capitata: photo by Cliff Hutson
Gilia capitata: photo by Cliff Hutson

Wildflowers of Southern California


Closer to home, my photo (above) of Gilia capitata appears in a guide to facilitate the easy identification of wildflowers - "Wildflowers of Southern California (Adventure Quick Guides)" by George Miller.

Field Guide: photo by Cliff Hutson
Field Guide: photo by Cliff Hutson


I think that this is very flattering as Miller is a professional photographer, and all but a relative few of the images in the book are his own.

No comments: