Monday, October 31, 2022

Day of the Dead

Día de los Muertos



Skull: photo by Cliff Hutson
Skull: photo by Cliff Hutson


October 31is the eve of Día de los Muertos also known as "Day of the Dead". I did a post on the multi-day festival a couple of years ago. I humbly refer you to it here.

I would also like to bring to your attention nice spread done on this year's Day of the Dead Parade and celebration in downtown Austin by Kirk Tuck, a professional photographer.


Halloween



Halloween (2006): photo by Cliff Hutson
Halloween (2006): photo by Cliff Hutson


Today of course is also Halloween, which is my least favorite holiday.  Perhaps that is due to my late wife insisting that everybody in the house wear a costume to greet the children (and some adults) who came to our door for treats.

See photo above.







No comments: