Monday, April 3, 2023

We Are the Champions

 A Six Nations Grand Slam



IFRU Ball: photo by Cliff Hutson
IFRU Ball: photo by Cliff Hutson

An annual rugby union competition contested by the national teams of England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, and Wales; the 24th  2023 Six Nations Championship (known as the Guinness Six Nations for sponsorship reasons) was played out February 4 – March 18.

Ireland took the championship with a Grand Slam, i.e., winning every game they played. 


Rugby Ball: photo by Cliff Hutson
Rugby Ball: photo by Cliff Hutson


Obviously, this is old news. But, my replica ball just arrived the other day, and not having much else on my mind, I decided to post about it. My Aunt Dagmar would have opined that some times it is better not say anything at all. But, I did not want to break my streak. 







No comments: