Monday, March 25, 2024

International Waffle Day

I don't make this stuff up . . .


Belgian Waffles: photo by Cliff Hutson
Belgian Waffles: photo by Cliff Hutson


. . . and if I have a photo I am going to run. with it.

A fairly reputable source says that waffles are from Sweden and led to March 25th being International Waffle Day. I can't argue with that, but the only waffles I have ever encountered are "American" and "Belgian".


Something a Bit Different


 
BBQ Ribs and Waffles: photo by Cliff Hutson
BBQ Ribs and Waffles: photo by Cliff Hutson


Most people in America have heard of chicken and waffles, if not having actually eaten them. Riffing on that, one night I made barbecued ribs and waffles. I am probably not the first, so I am not going to trademark it or anything.








No comments: