Friday, January 11, 2008

Moleskinerie


Photo by Cliff Hutson

moleskinerie
Moleskinerie is a blog dedicated to all things Moleskine, a brand of notebook manufactured by Moleskine srl, an Italian company. I am not sure how I first discovered these notebooks. But, I own several and admit to being a bit taken in by the hyperbole about the legendary writers like Hemingway and Bruce Chatwin used them. But, actually they are very cleverly designed. They are bound, not in moleskin, but in oilcloth-covered cardboard. They also have an elastic band to hold the notebooks closed. A sewn spine allows them to lie flat when opened. They come in a variety of sizes and can be put to many uses. Moleskine notebooks seem to be an obsession of many people, as witnessed on the pages of Moleskinerie. I am not obsessed, but I do recommend them.

No comments: