Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Favorites

Waiter's Friend Corkscrew

Waiter's Friend Corkscrew by Cliff Hutson
Corkscrew by Cliff Hutson

I must, in the interest of full disclosure, say that this is not the Waiter's Friend Corkscrew listed in The Remodelist 100. It is a knockoff I got from Trader Joe's at a considerable savings. However, this patented two-step design still maximizes leverage for smooth cork removal and also includes a built-in foil cutting blade and bottle opener. 

I had eschewed getting one these for many years due to my poor experiences with the common t-handled devices and my Swiss Army knives. My go to corkscrew was the wing type opener. But, they always seemed to fail at the most inopportune times, and did not have the foil cutter. So, when I saw this at at less than two dollars, I picked it up and never looked back. 

However, in a pinch, my Leatherman Juice CS4 works pretty well.

Leatherman Juice CS4 by Cliff Hutson
Leatherman Juice CS4 by Cliff Hutson

 


No comments: