Wednesday, June 22, 2016

12 Degree Bookstand

Functional, Elegant, Odd? 


Green Bookstand: photo by Cliff Hutson
Green Bookstand: photo by Cliff Hutson

A while back, I purchased an unusual item from the MoMA online shop. It worked well as a bookstand; as it should given its name. And, I ended up with four.

I think that they are an improvement over regular bookends because, on the rare occasions, when I dust my desk or table I can move an intact section with little fuss or bother. Also, they can be interlocked into an extended display, as well as used separately.

The twelve degree slant is truly intriguing. I can see that it might be disconcerting to someone who expects to see books vertically shelved. But, I live in earthquake country, so I am not unaccustomed to seeing things at a slant.

I took this photo using the green partial color filter mode on a Fujifilm XQ1. It is a fun little camera, and I have gotten a lot of good use out of it. But, it seems both it and the bookstand have been deprecated. So, I am glad I got them when I could.


SaveSave

No comments: