Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I've Got Nothing

Blank Mind, Blank Pages


Blank Pages: photo by Cliff Hutson
Blank Pages: photo by Cliff Hutson

Sometimes, I like to think of myself as a photographer who writes, and at the beginning of the year made a commitment to dial back on the photography and concentrate more on the writing. This commitment was to be made concrete by writing 52 posts for this blog, one every Wednesday in 2016.

This was supposed to be intellectually challenging, good for my mental health, and perhaps, make me a better writer. I knew I had the time, as with few exceptions, can set my own schedule. What I did not anticipate was that there would come a week where I really could not hit upon a topic that I found compelling enough to foist on my readers. 

Writer’s Block


Could this be writer’s block? My brief research in this topic pointed out that one coping strategy is to write something even if it makes no sense. It does not say that output should be published as I am doing. But, I need to keep my streak going.







SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: