Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Life in the Time of Corona: The Election

 Making My Vote Count


I Voted: photo by Cliff Hutson
I Voted: photo by Cliff Hutson


This pandemic has left many of us feeling stressed and isolated. So many of things that we took for granted we can no longer do, or do so with great trepidation.

One of the rituals I have practiced every two years was walking to my local polling place on Election Day and casting my vote. That is not going to happen for the upcoming election on November 3, it would not be prudent.  But, by dropping my "mail-in" ballot off at a drop box, I have already executed my civic duty this year.


Official Drop Box: photo by Cliff Hutson
Official Drop Box: photo by Cliff Hutson

Be well and stay safe


Voters, such as myself, who return their ballots early will help ensure safe physical distancing at voting locations. Keeping both themselves and others safe and, hopefully, well. 



No comments: