Monday, February 7, 2022

Reading Log: January 2022

 The books that I finished reading in January 2022


January 2022 Books: photo by Cliff Hutson
January 2022 Books: photo by Cliff Hutson



"Back Story," Robert B.Parker

“Creative Spaces,” Ted Vadakan and Angie Myung

“Sage Living,” Anne Sage

"Atomic Ranch: Midcentury Interiors," Michelle Gringeri-Brown and Jim Brown

Full disclosure:


The last three on the list are books that I have in years past.  I have undertaken a project where I begin a radical deaccession of my collection and will be going through my collection to decide what to keep and what will go.

The reason being is that, hopefully, this will be the year that I move to smaller quarters and there won’t be room for all the stuff I now own.  The books I have accumulated over decades now occupy space in three bedrooms, the kitchen, dining room, and living room. There are also boxes in closets. (I guess I did not use the bathrooms due to questions of hygiene and humidity.)

As of this moment, the only one that I know that I will not part with is a 1961 edition of “The Wind in the Willows”, and maybe a few others signed by local authors - no one famous, but kind of a personal connection.

The remainder, some of which may be reread, will be up for grabs as I cull them.  I will be donating them to a prison library project or the local county library branch. 


No comments: