Monday, February 28, 2022

Two Treats and a Flask of Bourbon

The Call of the Mountains


The Call of the Mountains: photo by Cliff Hutson


I used to write a blog titled "Rambles with Holly". It, among other things, was about the walking and hiking that I did with my dog, Holly.  My original plan was to call it "Travels with Holly" as an homage to Steinbeck, but that name was already taken at the time. As it turns out, we did a lot more walking locally than traveling, so it was probably for the best. The blog went on hiatus in 2014 after Holly crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

However, a cartoon I came across the other day brought back memories of the good times that she and I had together. 


Holly and Me: photo by Cliff Hutson
Holly and Me: photo by Cliff Hutson


I am taking the liberty of publishing it here.

Two Treats and a Flask of Bourbon
 


Bliss Cartoon
Bliss Cartoon


The bourbon was mine



Classic Stanley Flask: photo by Cliff Hutson
Classic Stanley Flask: photo by Cliff Hutson


Plenty of water and treats, for both of us, were a regular thing. I seldom packed this flask, but I kept it handy in case the occasion should ever arise. 


Aged Bourbon: photo by Cliff Hutson
Aged Bourbon: photo by Cliff Hutson

I like to think that I kept my bar adequately stocked as well.


On the Trail


A Happy Dog: photo by Cliff Hutson
A Happy Dog: photo by Cliff Hutson

Fair weather or foul, Holly was in her element when she was on the trail. A life outdoors is a life well lived.







No comments: