Monday, March 6, 2023

British Pie Week

British Pie Week


 
Beef and Ale Pie: photo by Cliff Hutson
Beef and Ale Pie: photo by Cliff Hutson



British Pie Week takes place every year on the first full week of March. It was founded by Jus-Rol, a company that crafts ready-to-bake pastries and doughs for any occasion, back in 2007.  

I post about this Untied Kingdom observance because I happen to like my photo of a Steak and Ale pie (from 2014) which according to research conducted by hungryhouse.co.uk, is the UK's highest rated pie. It is also a small way of of getting in touch with my 31.0% British and Irish ancestry - as assigned by 23andMe.


Motto: photo by Cliff Hutson
Motto: photo by Cliff Hutson


By the way, this pie pairs really well with a stout, in my humble opinion.


Hockey Jersey (detail): photo by Cliff Hutson
Hockey Jersey (detail): photo by Cliff Hutson





No comments: