Monday, March 20, 2023

Spring?

 Has Spring sprung?


Wisteria: photo by Cliff Hutson
Wisteria: photo by Cliff Hutson

March 20  is the official first day of Spring this year. Your mileage may vary, but around here it is cold and it is damp and it feels that spring is far off. This runs counter to what much of the US is experiencing as one of the earliest springs in recent memory. 

So, to cheer myself up, I have posted a photo taken on March 19, 2005. The Washington Post article says that for my town the leaves have appeared just five days later than average. But, the plants around my house apparently missed the memo.  All I can do is sit around and wait for better days.

And, a dark and stormy day seems to cry out for a bowl of clam chowder.


Clam Chowder: photo by Cliff Hutson
Clam Chowder: photo by Cliff Hutson







No comments: