Monday, June 26, 2023

A Record of My Living

 June 26 - Through the Years:


I write this blog for my own  amusement. Which is fine as sometimes it seems that I am the only one who reads it. Even so, some weeks it is difficult to come up with a topic that would be of interest even to me. This was going to be one of those. Then I recalled something I wrote not too far back - "My photography is a record of my living, for anyone who really sees."

So, I decided to see what the record was for the date of June 26, relying on the years I was working on Photo a Day (PaD) projects. 

2005

Toy Loan: photo by Cliff Hutson
Toy Loan: photo by Cliff Hutson


My wife and I had a house full of pets in 2005. One afternoon, Buster (a Samoyed), for reasons known only to himself, walked over and dropped his bear so Pumpkin could nap with it. The cat, having already appreciated the Orvis dog bed, did not do anything to show his appreciation for the loan of the toy.

2006

World Cup: photo by Cliff Hutson
World Cup: photo by Cliff Hutson

It seems that I was watching as much of the FIFA 2006 World Cup as I could.

2009

Korean Omelet: photo by Cliff Hutson
Korean Omelet: photo by Cliff Hutson


There was a sandwich place called "The Tummy Stuffer" within walking distance of where I was headquartered in 2009. The posted menu featured 26 sandwiches (counting burritos). However, there was also a secret menu and one afternoon the owner said I could try this omelet. It was delicious. 

2010

Pepper Tree Litter: photo by Cliff Hutson
Pepper Tree Litter: photo by Cliff Hutson


The year 2010 was my first full year of retirement and several days a week my terrier-mix Holly and I would take walks along the Thomson Creek Trail. I usually had a camera with me and would photograph anything that caught my eye. This day it what had fallen to the ground underneath a California pepper tree (Schinus molle). 





No comments: