Monday, November 27, 2023

Thanksgiving Aftermath

 Whoa Nellie!


The Thanksgiving holiday, observed last Thursday here in the USA, can exact a toll:


Ouch!: photo by Cliff Hutson
Ouch!: photo by Cliff Hutson


Between the Thanksgiving Day meal itself, and making use of any leftovers, many people have trouble following their regular food regimes.  And, at least one of us apparently paid the price. [Those are my feet in the above photo.]


Turkey & Biscuit Sandwiches: photo by Cliff Hutson
Turkey & Biscuit Sandwiches: photo by Cliff Hutson


I have a particular fondness for the rolls or biscuits severed with dinner. My late wife used to make a batch just for me. Those that I don't polish off then are used to make sandwiches with the leftover turkey. On this occasion, I went with avocado - I actually prefer jellied cranberry sauce from a can.  That may sound odd to you, but I have been doing that for years and have made some converts to the cause.


Pumpkin Pie: photo by Cliff Hutson
Pumpkin Pie: photo by Cliff Hutson


Pumpkin pie is also a favorite. I bet that I will not get many arguments with that.


Homemade Apple Pie: photo by Cliff Hutson
 Homemade Apple Pie: photo by Cliff Hutson


Apple pie, of course, is nothing to sneeze at. This serving was presented with a topping of Dulce de Leche ice cream.

I hope that, if Thanksgiving Day is a holiday on your calendar, it was good one. 









No comments: